Tinkers Lane Surgery was purpose-built in 1957 (one of the first in the UK), and has been much extended and improved since then. A major extension and refurbishment project was undertaken in 2003.
Dr Peter Fudge came to Wootton Bassett way back in 1990! Dr Vardan Tadevosyan joined the practice in 2013 as a salaried GP and went on to join the partnership on 1st June 2015. More recently, Dr Siu Fan, Dr Kenny Gilroy and Dr Charlotte Wilson joined us in 2017.
In addition to the staff who are situated at our premises, we have a large support network of district nurses, health visitors, community midwife, social workers, counsellor, NHS podiatrist, physiotherapist, and others, who provide a wide range of community-based services throughout the practice area.
Their duties include visiting patients in their home to provide practical assistance and/or professional advice, as well as providing regular clinics within the surgery, for example baby immunisations or antenatal care. Appointments and messages for this team are taken by the receptionists.